National Target Highlights
10th-13th Five-Year Plans
Trends in Targets of Recent 5YPs
(the number of quantitative targets in each plan)
|Science & Technology||4||2||4||5|
|Environment and Resources||3||8||12||16|
New economic target introduced in the 13th 5YP:
- Labor Productivity: From 87,000 yuan per person in 2015 to 120,000 yuan per person in 2020.
New innovation target introduced in the 13th 5YP:
- Sci-Tech Progress Contribution Rate (%): From 55.3% in 2015 to 60.0% in 2020.
Environment & Resources
New environmental targets introduced in the 13th 5YP:
- Land Recently Developed: < 21.7 billion square meters
- Forest Coverage: From 21.66% of China territory to 23.04% by 2020.
- Air Quality
- Days of good/moderate air quality in cities: > 80%
- Decrease in PM2.5 concentration in cities: 18%
- Surface water quality
- Equal or better than Type III water: > 70%
- Type V water: < 5%
- Poverty alleviation in rural areas: Decline by 55.75 million people by 2020
- Average years of schooling for working age population: From 10.2 years in 2015 to 10.8 years by 2020.